Father & Son
by Chen Qimo
Chapter 197


Chapter 196 | Directory | Chapter 198



Cheng Hai smiled. "Auntie, my wife is pregnant. Don't prepare cold food. By the way, use this wine to add the meal to everyone."

"Yeah, good wine~ you guys are really capable!" The uncle came over, brought the appetizer to the table of the two of them, and smiled boldly at Li Xiao. "When the young man is pregnant, he has to eat more. Come on, our special appetizer."

"Thank you, uncle."

The old lady then poured a cup of warm drink in front of Li Xiao. "Please."

"Thank you, aunt."

The uncle's partner smiled and opened the bottle while talking. "Eat quickly. You're just in time today. There's a flower market later. Take your wife for a stroll after dinner."

"Hey, I have this plan!" Cheng Hai said he took the wine glass handed by the uncle's partner.

"Eat first and then drink." Li Xiao whispered. The uncle's partner stood close. When he heard this, a trace of relief flashed in his eyes.

"Listen to you." Cheng Hai nodded and looked at the old man. "Old man, serve quickly!"

"You bastard! What's the rush of cooking!" The old man stared.

"Old man, your bad temper hasn't changed at all!"

"This is our specialty!"

When the words fell, all the guests in the store burst into laughter. The old man calmly snorted and continued to be busy. Cheng Hai smiled and looked at Li Xiao. "Eat quickly."

With that, he also moved his chopsticks and ate with Li Xiao. "When I was young, I often came here to eat after fighting with people. I didn't come often until I joined the army."

Li Xiao looked at him and asked involuntarily. "So... do you and that person come often?"

"No, he likes high-end restaurants. There are waiters, music and credit cards. He disdains eating in this small store."

"Really." Li Xiao grabbed a piece of appetizer and ate it. After eating it, his eyes flashed bright slowly. "It's delicious."

Cheng Haiyang smiled. "I'm glad you enjoyed it. If you like it, eat more often in the future."

"Okay."

"After eating, we go to the flower market. There are many flower stalls and many snacks, all of which are delicious."

Li Xiao suddenly laughed with a teasing tone. "Sounds like you used to be a fool?"

"You've seen it. Back then, I was mixed with all gangs. When they saw me, they would call me brother."

"Listen to him talking nonsense, he was often beaten up with a bruised nose and swollen face." The old man took the bowl and put it in front of them. "Signature dish! Added more meat and eggs!"

"Old man! You are such a good person!" Cheng Hai laughed.

"Get out!" The old man rolled his eyes angrily.

Li Xiao chuckled and looked down at the dish in front of him. The aroma assailed his nostrils. The bowl was small, but there were quite a lot of ingredients on it. It made people want to move their forefingers just by looking at it.

"It smells good." Li Xiao whispered, took the chopsticks and ate. He was satisfied after two bites.

When Cheng Hai saw the satisfied look, he knew that Li Xiao liked it without asking, but he was very happy that he also liked this small store.

They stayed in the store for nearly an hour and a half before leaving the store. As soon as they left the store, there was a cold breeze. Li Xiao shivered because of the cold. Seeing this, Cheng Hai hurried to the car to get a coat for him and put it on him.

"Leave the car here first, shall we walk to the flower market?"

Li Xiao nodded and took the initiative to hold Cheng Hai's hand. Cheng Hai was dumbfounded and immediately smiled. The two walked down the street hand in hand.

"When I was a child, I was probably in my teens, my father asked me to work and support myself. At that time, I began to run everywhere. I was familiar with everything here. I had done any part-time work or helper. Later, when I was in college, I didn't do part-time work when I was studying in the dual major department."

Li Xiao smiled when he heard that and looked towards the street. It seemed that he could see Cheng Hai's busy figure in the street when he was young. He couldn't help laughing. "I heard you graduated from the military academy and majored in economics?"

"Well, at that time... I wanted to study economics with You Liqing, but I was beaten by my father. I had no choice but to do both. Now I think it's stupid and almost exhausted myself to death."

Li Xiao blinked and looked at Cheng Hai deeply, making the other person look over, Cheng Hai patted his head with apologies. "Sorry. I shouldn't have mentioned him."

All credit goes to the original author
Feel free to pinpoint me if there are any grammar error or typos

Li Xiao shook his head. "No, I just think there must be something wrong with your ex-wife's brain."

"Pfft! Hahaha~" Cheng Hai laughed at his sentence and made the other person to roll his eyes.

The sky was grey, the cold wind rustled, and bright laughter rose on the sidewalk where people came and went. It made people's hearts unconsciously dissipate the coldness, filled with warmth, and a trace of sweetness.

The flower market was a zone with about three or four street areas. Most of them were from noon to four o'clock in the afternoon on holidays.

The street was full of flower stalls, filled with flowers and plants, and there was a canopy in front of the store. The faint fragrance of flowers came, which made people's minds involuntarily relaxed.

Cheng Hai led Li Xiao. They walked and stopped. After walking through the flower street, the next street was a variety of snack vendors. There were so many kinds that people couldn't help being dazzled.

"Hey, this flower is delicious!" Cheng Hai said he pulled Li Xiao to a small vendor. "Old man, come and cut a flower!"

"Right away~ guest, wait a minute!"

Li Xiao couldn't help laughing at Cheng Hai's familiarity. "Haven't you been here for a long time?"

"I haven't come for a long time, but I remember all the delicious ones in my mind and body."

"Guest! Your flowers are ready!"

"Thanks, old man!"

They took a share of flowers and two pieces of wood inside. They ate while walking. Cheng Hai said while eating, "Back then, I used to lead a group of attendants to the flower market for a stroll and eat a bunch of them by the way."

"I really can't tell that you are still a foodie!" Li Xiao said cheerfully.

"Didn't people eat all their childhood?" Cheng Hai said in a very serious tone.



{Read on Trakteer} {Read on Patreon}




TN:
・For vocabulary that's not translated, go to VOCABULARY page to see the meaning





Chapter 196 | Directory | Chapter 198