Father & Son
by Chen Qimo
Chapter 185


Chapter 184 | Directory | Chapter 186



"No, the sniper's mouth is too tight and wants to commit suicide, but it won't be your biological mother. She won't do it."

Li Xiao's complexion was a little confused. Seeing this, Cheng Hai sat aside, took the dessert and stuffed it into his mouth, and then continued.

"In the last life... she came when you died. Ah Xiao, your biological mother still loves you."

When the words fell, the young man laughed. "But she loves fame, wealth and money more, you know... I knelt in front of her and asked her to help me not to let my father go to the front-line and die, but she didn't seem to hear it and left me directly."

Cheng Hai was taken aback when he heard that. He looked at the young man's face that wanted to laugh but was more like crying. He stretched out his hand and slowly hugged the young man into his arms. "It's okay, everything is fine now."

Li Xiao didn't push away either, just put his face into Cheng Hai's arms and muttered, "Cheng Hai... I feel very confused about you now... I hated you in the last life... It turned out that it was not all your fault until I arrived in this life. I really can’t figure it out for a while... How on earth did we have such a relationship..."

Cheng Hai chuckled, hugged the person on his lap with the blanket, and then wrapped his hands around the waist. "Speaking of this, my mood is probably not much different from yours. I don't know when. As soon as I woke up, I thought about it all day. The first thing was to ask your father not to go to the front. As a result, everything changed. At that time, I always wanted to avoid you when I faced you. Instead, I got closer and closer, and then unconsciously... I am worried when you are injured, I can't help but when you are troubled and helpless. Then I heard about you and Cheng Mu... I really wanted to kill that boy for a moment."

Li Xiao raised his face in surprise and saw a moment of solemnity on the man's face, which startled him. "You..."

"Oh, I'm quite stupid. I didn't notice it until Cheng Mu suddenly appeared in Loya Star and you collapsed in front of me... I thought at that time that if I loved you, I would never hurt you like Cheng Mu."

Li Xiao blushed again and leaned over his face stiffly, but a hand pinched his chin and moved back. His eyes met the handsome face again. Then the face got closer and closer. He stared in a daze. He didn't turn his face or push it away. He just foolishly closed his eyes and felt a gentle kiss.

The warm afternoon sun outside the window spilled into the window. Unknowingly, the temperature of the two people was much more intimate.

This slight change was quickly noticed by the elders that night. Cheng Hai sat beside Li Xiao with a calm expression, and then naturally kept giving him vegetables. The point was that the latter naturally accepted it, and they feel closer to each other.

After dinner, Cheng Hai rarely took Li Xiao to the garden for half an hour. Then when they returned to the house, the two elders called their son to the study, and Li Xiao went back to the room first.

"You are decent enough in front of your wife these days." The old man teased as soon as he spoke, which made his wife Ning Xue chuckle.

Cheng Hai shrugged. "How to chase a wife with a thick face."

"You brat!" Mr. Cheng scolded with a smile.

Ning Xue chuckled. "Okay, okay, let's talk about business."

The old man snorted. "Is it true that you said you would invite You LIiqing to get married two days ago?"

"True, the invitation has been sent to Feng's family." Cheng Hai laughed, thinking that if Feng's family saw that the invitation was Feng Yu and his wife You Liqing, how wonderful would their expression be?

The old man was a little surprised when he heard sending the post to Feng's house, but he immediately laughed. "This matter is indeed quite satisfactory."

All credit goes to the original author
Feel free to pinpoint me if there are any grammar error or typos

"His Majesty and Master Mu are also invited that day. Feng and Lan won't do stupid things that day."

The old man raised his eyebrows and thought of another thing. "I heard that the head of the Lan family has been replaced, and even the only admiral of the Lan family has been dismissed?"

Cheng Hai chuckled with a gloating tone. "Really, what a pity. What happened?"

"I heard that His Majesty got a copy of the Lan family's confidential information. It was full of some unseen things. His Majesty kicked Admiral Lan in anger." Mr. Cheng said quietly.

"The end of doing too many bad things." Cheng Hai sighed.

"Moreover, I heard that the patriarch of the Lan received a packet of information. It was full of the head of the family's secret plan to get rid of their elders. As a result, the head of the family was kicked out of his position."

"It's really a leak in the house, it keeps raining the whole night." Cheng Hai still shook his head and sighed.
(TN: An idiom - as if the situations are not bad enough, troubles keep coming up one after another.)

The two elders looked at him with weird expressions causing Cheng Hai to spread his hands. "What do I do?"

"You didn't do it?" The old man asked suspiciously.

"Dad, your son, I have such great ability!"

"You have." The two elders said in unison.

Cheng Hai was helpless and said seriously, "It's really not me. Okay, I may add fuel to the fire, but I don't have the time to hack out the information of the Lan family."

Cheng Hai spent an hour explaining a lot to his parents. Finally, he was kicked out of the study. As soon as he got out of the study, Cheng Hai hummed in a good mood.

Cheng Hai didn't lie at all. He didn't find out the invisible pieces of information about the Lan family. It was when the Lan family in the previous life changed the position of the head of the family, the two parties tried their best, but he didn’t know the genius who broke out. Then Yu Zhen took the information with him as a joke for several days!

This incident was rumored to be one of the big jokes in the capital's political situation at that time! Which made people talk about it for a few months!



{Read on Trakteer} {Read on Patreon




TN:
・For vocabulary that's not translated, go to VOCABULARY page to see the meaning






Chapter 184 | Directory | Chapter 186