Father & Son
by Chen Qimo
Chapter 50


Chapter 49 | Directory | Chapter 51



You Liqing returned to his senses in an instant. He was frightened and quickly pulled Cheng Mu to bend down his waist to 90 degrees! "Res- respect to the Prime Minister!"

"Admiral Lan, don't be so serious at the funeral." The middle-aged man, the current prime minister, the head of the country,Mr. Mu Anfei said lightly with a stern tone, which made Admiral Lan who shouted to freeze his face and silently shut his mouth.

"Yes, My Lord."

"My father and I will give Mr. Cheng incense. Bring it." Mu Anfei said, and a group of people were stunned again, only the two children responded, took incenses and each handed one.

"Here you are, uncle and grandfather."

The former prime minister looked at the two children, and with a kind smile, he took the incense with his son, and then solemnly offered the incense. Mu Anfei looked at the photo and his eyes were red. After the worship, he took the incense in his father's hand. The incense in his hand passed over to Admiral Lan who was waiting on the side, personally put the incense into the furnace, turned around and looked at his father, as if he hadn't seen Admiral Lan's stiff face.

"Father, your son, I would like to make it clear that I am not here today as the head of the country, but as a subordinate of the former Admiral Cheng."

There was a weird silence, and all the concierges opened their eyes, only the former old prime minister smiled kindly, raised his hand and patted his son on the shoulder, and then sighed.

"That's a coincidence. This old man, I am not here as the former prime minister, but I am here as an elder. I think that back then, I was the one who married Cheng Hai, this stinky boy."
(TN: uh, no, the former prime minister not married with Cheng Hai, but he just involved in Cheng Hai marriage)

You Liqing froze and suddenly remembered their wedding, which was a closed wedding. Cheng Hai told him with a face of affection-

"Dear, my father and mother approve of us, haha~~ Do you know! My father actually invited the most distinguished person to officiate our wedding!"

You Liqing was very happy at that time. He thought there would be a century wedding ceremony to greet him, but he didn't think it was a closed wedding!

The puzzles and doubts at that time got the truest answers at this moment.

The head of a country presided over the wedding for them, it was really the most supreme honor!

"You boy, I haven't seen you for several years. Do you remember this old man?"

All credit goes to the original author
Feel free to pinpoint me if there are any grammar error or typos
Sometimes using Chinese suffix here
Please don't share this outside White Cat Translations White Cat Translations
If you found/read this outside White Cat Translations White Cat Translations it means the contents is stolen
Please don't use my translation to re-translate in other languages

You Liqing trembled and nodded, "Remember, remember, My Lord."

The former Prime Minister smiled with an extremely loving look. However, only You Liqing felt the cold anger coming towards him. He seemed to warn himself that if he dared to do something shameful at the funeral, he would not have good fruit to eat!

"Haha, when the old man said to block the wedding, the boy Cheng Hai jumped in front of me for several days and almost demolished the Prime Minister's Office. I still remember that the brat at that time was too humble, but I couldn't help it. I took care of him from childhood, and he was the beloved son of Admiral Cheng Zhong. But it was a test for you. It's a pity that the "test" I gave you back then, I knew the answer in those years, but I still wanted to give you a chance."

"..." A more intense anger came to him like a big wave, but it seemed that a big hand was holding him tightly and not retreating, so that he could only stand still on the spot.

"It's quite disappointing, You Liqing." The former prime minister laughed and then turned to look at his son.

"Hehe, by the way, Anfei, didn't say you want to say goodbye to Cheng boy?"

Mu Anfei nodded. He went to the front of Cheng Hai's portrait, put out the most formal military salute, and shouted after turning around.

"All soldiers obey orders, all carry guns!"

At the command, the soldiers in the two rows immediately moved their rifles back to their backs, while the dumbfounded Admiral Lan was stunned and followed the quick action.

Mu Anfei turned around again, looked at the photo seriously, raised his hand and leveled it to his forehead. "Admiral Cheng Hai, Chief Instructor of the Third Army Forces, please take a good journey! Salute!"







TN:
Fun story, I was crying when I translating this part, it makes me remember when my former homeroom teacher also died because of a traffic accident and have a military burial since he was still a military officer, a first sergeant to be exact, at that time
He was a good person, the best teacher I have during my journey as a student
Salute!





Chapter 49 | Directory | Chapter 51